• Register

ACTIVE Network API Forums

Bugs

RSS Feed

Getting events from wrong zip code

    • Jaana Gilbert
    • Topic created 13 years ago

    When I have multiple criteria, I'm getting incorrect results

    l=80016 should only return me results for tennis activities (k=tennis) within 25 miles from zip code 80016. I'm getting results from all over the place.. Alpharetta, GA for example. IF I remove f=activites, I get correct zip codes, but now I'm getting all kinds of other type of activities. At this time we're only interested in activities.

    http://api.amp.active.com/search/?v=xml&k=tennis&l=80016&r=25&f=activies&m=meta:startDate:daterange:today..06/13/2013&s=date_asc&num=25&page=1&api_key=wuhmn9ye94xn3xnteudxsavw

    (using sample key in this example)

    Can you check why this is happening?

    Message edited by Jaana Gilbert 13 years ago

  1. Jaana Gilbert – 13 years ago

    Anybody checking the forum?????

  2. Kunal – 13 years ago

    Hi,

    I hope you are not misspelling the word 'activities' in your URL. The URL you pasted here has the word activities misspelled.

  3. jarredd – 13 years ago

    Hi there Jaana,

    I'm checking with the developer team to better understand what is happening in this case. I will follow up with you asap.

    Thanks for the patience while we look into this.

    Best regards, Jarred

  4. jarredd – 13 years ago

    After looking into this, turns out the facet is misspelled in this query, it needs to be "activities". Otherwise the filtering will get very wonky, which I believe is what she is seeing. With the corrected query, I see the asset count down around 50, which is much more accurate for a specific zip code. Also note that a keyword of 'tennis' will be more broad than just Tennis activities. If the user wants to explicitly limit to tennis activities, they should use the channel filter.

    Fixed: http://api.amp.active.com/search/?v=xml&k=tennis&l=80016&r=25&f=activities&m=meta:startDate:daterange:today..06/13/2013&s=date_asc&num=25&page=1&api_key=wuhmn9ye94xn3xnteudxsavw

    Channel: http://api.amp.active.com/search/?v=xml&l=80016&r=25&f=activities&m=meta:startDate:daterange:today..06/13/2013%20meta:channel=Tennis&s=date_asc&num=25&page=1&api_key=wuhmn9ye94xn3xnteudxsavw

[ Page 1 of 1 ]