• Register

ACTIVE Network API Forums

Activity Search API v2

RSS Feed

Unexpected Results

• AppleTreeMedia
    • Topic created 9 years ago

We've had quite a difficult time getting correct results from the Activity Search API V2. It appears that there is a problem with the accuracy of the results. In particular, the Description field contains information which almost always conflicts with the rest of the information returned for a given result.

For example, if I look at one returned result whose "assetName" is "Dance - Lyrical Wednesday" and look at its corresponding "Description" field, I see that the Activity there is named "Preschool Swim Level 3". Likewise, the activityStartDate and activityEndDate does not coincide whatsoever with the "Meeting dates" listed in the Description field. I'm not sure where that Description field comes from - it looks like a generated block of text, which is unfortunate since many essential pieces of information are stuffed in there rather than being returned as separate fields, but that's a different problem. First, the Description needs to actually correspond to the event it's returned with.

It almost appears like different activities are being mashed together somewhat randomly. It is difficult to know which data actually corresponds to which asset. Is this an ongoing problem that is being worked on? Is this abnormal behavior and I'm somehow calling the API incorrectly? Here is my search string, replacing my api key with ???:

http://api.amp.active.com/v2/search?per_page=500&current_page=1&category=event&end_date=2015-03-18..2016-03-18&org_id=a85fa8af-5e19-4964-8704-d483850c4c01&api_key=???

Thanks!

Message edited by AppleTreeMedia 1 year ago

1. AppleTreeMedia9 years ago

For clarification, the "Description" field I'm referring to comes through as results -> # -> assetDescriptions -> 0 -> description

2. AppleTreeMedia9 years ago

This may be a non-issue after all. I think I was comparing different events because I didn't realize that the fields come in a completely random order from the API, so looking at a list of fields, I was in the habit of finding the description and looking up a few lines to find the assetName since that is how the results began coming in. However, the assetName sometimes appears below the description or somewhere else altogether - but it does appear to match. Sorry to bother.

[ Page 1 of 1 ]