ACTIVE Network API Forums

API Forum

RSS Feed

SearchAPI returning url with username

• Akhil
    • Topic created 12 years ago

Hi All,

Search API is returning me "url": "?cmp=39-31--akhildmx" this for an events url. What does this mean? akhildmx is my user name. Anybody had experienced this before.

Thanks

Message edited by Akhil 5 months ago

Tags

1. jarredd12 years ago

Hi Akhil,

We've recently made an update to our API results that will allow us to have enhanced visibility into who is serving up our events and to better monitor any abuse. This will not affect your links, but will allow our Account Managers the ability to evaluate and optimize developers use of the APIs.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Jarred

Technical Account Manager, ACTIVE Network

2. Akhil12 years ago

Thanks for a quick reply. How do I access the url then as url, escape url and, trackbackurl all are returned as ?cmp=39-31--akhildmx.

3. jarredd12 years ago

I believe there may be some misunderstanding on my end. Can you send me a sample API call that you are using to get the returned results that you mention?

I'll be able to give you a more accurate answer at that point.

Thanks,

Jarred

4. Akhil12 years ago

Here is the API call : http://api.amp.active.com/search?&v=json&api_key=rm4agnjv6k4m4tvpft95xvbn&?k=Fall+Classic&m=meta:channel=Cycling&l=94587&r=20

Result in JSON format:

"endIndex": 10,
    "numberOfResults": 83,
    "pageSize": 10,
    "searchTime": 0.29568,
    "_results": [
        {
            "escapedUrl": "?cmp=39-31--akhildmx",
            "language": "en",
            "title": "BEST OF THE BAY Century Bike Ride | Orinda, California <b>...</b>",
            "url": "?cmp=39-31--akhildmx",
            "summary": "",
            "meta": {

5. Akhil12 years ago

Sorry about the format, I don't see an option to edit the post.

6. jarredd12 years ago

It's ok, I updated it so there wasn't so much text/code. I have identified the issue and we are working to fix it. I should have an update shortly, but will be working on this until resolved.

Best,

Jarred

[ Page 1 of 1 ]