• Register

ACTIVE Network API Forums

Activity Search API v2

RSS Feed

Modified Since and Beta

• RAR_JDS
    • Topic created 11 years ago

Few questions: 1) Is it possible to add a "modified since" search parameter in v2 like in version 1? This would help reduce the amount of data to transfer and the number of calls we will need to make.

2) v2 says it is still in Beta but on affiliate v2 seems to be active campaign? Can we start using v2 in production? If not, what is the estimate, as I'm building a new system this will determine if I need to build interfaces to v1 and v2 (or just v2)?

3) Can we get a quick explanation of the different data returned? It seems like there is overlap in different components. For example if I'm looking for "5k" races I can find it in: MediaTypes, AttributeValue, TagName. Which dataset s correct or should we look through all?

Thanks

Message edited by RAR_JDS 10 years ago

1. Kcurtis710 years ago

Hi RAR_JDS,

I've answered your three questions below:

1) Yes, you can use this http://a3pi.active.com/v2/search?asset.modifiedDate=2012-07-01 ...
    2) We are working on getting affiliate tracking synced with the Activity Search API v2 now. This will be most likely be ready for launch in January 2014. We will be sure to keep all developers informed with the release date, transition plan, and more as this information is finalized.
    3) AttributeValue will hold the standard Distance tags (e.g. "5K"). Here are the other tag fields that our developers typically want:
        assetTopics (e.g. Business, Fitness, Outdoors, Sports)
        assetCategories (e.g. Event, Place, Product, Organization)
        assetAttributes (e.g. Distance, Age Group, Gender)
        assetMetaInterests (e.g. Adventure Race, Mud, Holiday, Kids)
        assetTags.tag.tagDescription: "MISCELLANEOUS"

Hope that helps!

Kimberly

[ Page 1 of 1 ]