• Register

ACTIVE Network API Forums

General Questions

RSS Feed

Saving the races

• Kunal
    • Topic created 11 years ago

Hi,

Can I save the races, which I get from the active.com, in my own database?

Regards

Message edited by Kunal 9 years ago

1. jarredd11 years ago

Hi Kunal,

You can save the races on your end as long as your developer account is in good standing. However, you cannot archive any of the API content for access by users at any future date after you have finished using the service or if your account is terminated.

Best regards, Jarred

2. Kunal11 years ago

Thank you for your answer Jarredd.

Regards, Kunal

3. marylee11 years ago

Hi Jarred, what do you mean by 'finished using the service'? I plan on storing information about horse trails from your API for my users but in my databases, so that I don't have to ping your API every time they search on my site. Is this ok?

4. jarredd11 years ago

Marylee,

Basically, that means that you can store the data until your developer account is closed (whether by you or ACTIVE Network).

Your implementation is preferred as it will reduce API call volume.

5. eventlap11 years ago

What is your policy on event images? If we want to display the event logo on our webpage, can we use the url provided be the asset api or should we download the image and host it on our server?

6. jarredd11 years ago

You can use the images provided within the API results. These can be displayed within your app or website.

7. AthleticInterests9 years ago

This original post "Can I save the races, which I get from the active.com, in my own database?" was made two years ago and I wanted to check in to see if the same is still true today. Can I save race/event information, that I get from Active.com's API, in my own database?

8. AthleticInterests9 years ago

Specifically, I am wondering if saving race data on my database would violate Section 3.4 of the API Terms of Use

[ Page 1 of 1 ]