• Register

ACTIVE Network API Forums

API Forum

RSS Feed

How to Create Affilate Links

    • joannpav
    • Topic created 15 years ago

    Hi,
    Was wondering how to create the affiliate links if I am using the API to retrieve registration links. From the documentation:

    Once you’ve set up your accounts, follow the easy steps below to ensure your affiliate tracking is set up properly
    * Call the Search API and access your desired links
    * Ensure that all links point to the following domain: http://www.tantracking.com
    * For additional reference, please visit: http://developer.active.com/docs/read/Activecom_Search_API_Reference

    I created a tracking link: http://www.tantracking.com/click.track?CID=141770&AFID=176551
    I use the API to get registration links for each race like this: http://www.active.com/running/sacramento-ca/sac-state-5k-fun-run-2011?cmp=10-1
    How do I use the tracking link with the registration link? Do I just replace active.com with tantracking.com and then add the CID and AFID parameters? like this:
    http://www.tantracking.com/running/sacramento-ca/sac-state-5k-fun-run-2011?cmp=10-1?click.track?CID=141770?AFID=176551

    This link doesn't work.

    I saw an example like this:
    http://http://www.tantracking.com/click. track?CID=141770&AFID= 156214&1=triathlon&2=davis-ca&3=davis-sprint-triathlon-2011&cmp=10-2

    But not sure how/where to get the '1=triathalon&2=davis-ca&...' info from because it is not returned that way from the API.

    Thanks,
    Joann

    Message edited by joannpav 15 years ago

    Tags

  1. joannpav – 15 years ago

    I think I just found the answer to my question. In the results returned from the API call, there is a tag called <seourl> which contains exactly what I was looking for.

    Thanks

  2. active Admin – 15 years ago

    Good stuff. Let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

  3. jaykesh – 15 years ago

    can you show me how you fixed this problem?

[ Page 1 of 1 ]