ACTIVE Network API Forums

API Forum

RSS Feed

404 - Not Found, invalid AFID

• Craig Benson
    • Topic created 11 years ago

Yesterday I updated my application information to include my affiliate ID and after I did that the URLs returned by the event search API now return "404 - Not Found Invalid AFID".

More info: I use the activity search API to find activities and display basic information. If my users want more info I redirect them to the URL that's returned in the activity results. It use to work fine but after I added my affiliate ID to the application information in the edit application screen these links no longer work correctly. What do I need to do?

Message edited by Craig Benson 3 years ago

1. jarredd11 years ago

Hi Craig,

I just tested the API with your AFID and it returned affiliate tracking links that are working just fine. For example, I used this API call (http://api.amp.active.com/search?k=half+marathon&v=xml&api_key=####&m=meta:startDate:daterange:today..) to get all half marathon events happening from today into the future.

The links returned all pointed to events listed on ACTIVE.com, and appended the affiliate tracking information.

Please try to update your application with you affiliate ID, then wait about 2-3 minutes for the cache to clear. Then try using this API call with your API key.

Let me know if you are still having issues.

Best regards, Jarred

2. Craig Benson11 years ago

Nothing has changed or been fixed. After I sent the original question with the 404 error, I hadn't heard back in a few days, so, I removed my affiliate ID from the "edit application" page. The links returned without my affiliate ID associated with the application work fine. Yesterday I added the affiliate ID back to the application and I'm still having the same problem.
    Note that with the affiliate ID associated with the application, the URLs returned by the search API have the "tantracking.com" domain.

3. juancferrer10 years ago

Same issue here. WIthout AFID the links work fine, but once added, the URLs stop working.

[ Page 1 of 1 ]