ACTIVE Network API Forums

API Forum

RSS Feed

Server Timeout Errors

• MaryF
    • Topic created 11 years ago

I keep getting server time-out errors. Using the search API, it is taking several tries before it finally doesn't bomb out, and sends me a results set. And its been really slow to respond as well. Taking up to 20 seconds. These problems started yesterday, and have been persistent all day yesterday and today. I can eventually get the data I am looking for, but it takes a whole lot of waiting.

On a side note... is there a way I can get an email notification when there is a response to my post?

Message edited by MaryF 11 years ago

1. jarredd11 years ago

Hi Mary,

How many assets are you pulling in the API call? I've noticed pulling 1000 at a time is more difficult and would recommend lowering to 100 if they are. This should no longer be a problem since paging now works properly (i.e., there is not a limit of 1000 assets).

Also, it may have been caused by one of the database systems that was in migration last night. It was potentially out from 10pm - 12am (depending on caching). Everything should be in working order now.

Best, Jarred

2. MaryF11 years ago

I am pulling a few hundred at a time. I am still getting both Server Timeout, and Server Unavailable errors. Since the state filter thing is not working, I have been pulling all races for one date at a time. (All running/triathlon events, for 1 calendar date).

Once a day, I pull all running/triathlon events that were modified on the previous day. (So, today, I grabbed everything modified on Feb 20). And then I go thru all of those, and go one State/Date at a time (eg - AZ running/tri events on March 9), comparing ours to yours, and adding registration links (or removing when they are no longer there). Since the state filter stopped working a week or so ago (per earlier post), I have to pull everything for each date, and dump out all other states for that date, on my end. You had said earlier that the state filter thing wouldn't be fixed until early March. Until the state filter is working, I don't see another way that I can get the data I need for the way we process things on our end.

Mary

3. MaryF11 years ago

BTW - I have been pulling the data this way for well over a week. The server errors just started happening yesterday.

4. jarredd11 years ago

Mary,

Would you mind emailing me some of the queries you are sending so I can investigate further?

Please send to jarred.doss@activenetwork.com

Thanks, Jarred

[ Page 1 of 1 ]